Programme in Series has `firstbcast' But no `available'.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat May 6 11:06:16 PDT 2017

On Sat May 6 12:59:02 BST 2017, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> This has been very helpful, thanks.

... By the looks of it, you are a true Perl wizard, Ralph,
so I dare say you'd have ultimately found the exit of the
labyrinth without any of my help :-)

As I've stated numerous times in the past, sadly I can't code
(in Perl or other language), so my MO when troubleshooting
issues for myself (... and others) is to first consult online
documentation (wiki etc.), then reread --longhelp (Windows
here, so no manpages), generate and study --(verbose|debug)
GiP logs and carry out various "experiments"...
Sometimes I have to also make some "educated guesswork"
(or rather uneducated, if it turns out to be wrong...) to justify
some of my findings, but I feel I have never posted blatant
untruths :-) !
 I have never claimed to be infallible and have welcome
anybody who have spotted something out of place in my
posts to say so, for it to be fixed...
This list is being archived and I sense many persons do seek
advice through the archive, so it'd be best errors are corrected...

It is only rarely that I dig deep inside the perl code, having
Google (other SEs available) and online perl tutorials as help...
So it's my turn to thank you for the heads-up on
current behaviour of "--refresh --refresh-future"
which had eluded me...
Your perl knowledge is very needed here in the list,
so do stay around...

BTW, GiP 3.01 has just been released,
with changes to some topics discussed
in this thread (this means more reading