Programme in Series has `firstbcast' But no `available'.

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun May 7 11:44:59 PDT 2017

On Sun May 7 11:32:54 BST 2017, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> I hope it didn't come across that I was complaining.

Not in the slightest :-)

(I fear we're now getting OT but since you asked: )

> Are you aware of the patch(1) program?

I am aware of both patch & diff programs,
however these are not natively available on
Windows (maybe Win10 bash shell?); forks do exist:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm

When it comes to few custom changes made,
I usually manually/visually compare B to A
with a text editor and note down the patched code.

Then I load A2 and try to manually apply patches
there, too; line numbers may have changed, but
"search" facility will be able to point to the code
segment I need re-patch.

For many custom changes made, I do use
diff & patch utilities that come with my
MSYS2/MinGW32 compiler already installed
in an external HDD; this is a Unix emulation
environment but on Windows, I occasionally
use it to compile open-source apps like FFmpeg...

Best regards,
Vangelis.