VERSION-get_iplayer Says 2.94.

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 17:17:08 PDT 2017

hello

get_iplayer-2.94 is the last version to update with '-u'
all versions after 2.94 must be updated manually.
depending on the OS you are using just download the latest zip or tar.gz

2.94 is rather old. the problem as you have noticed is that programs schedules
and meta data are AWOL. there are major differences between 2.94 & 2.99.

you really need to read all the release notes for all versions between
2.94 and 2.99.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2.94 and finding --pid does not work now the BBC data has gone
> AWOL again.  Examining recent archives of this list suggest 2.99 is
> required.  But I'd already used `get_iplayer -u'.
>
>     INFO: Current version is 2.94
>     INFO: Checking for latest version from www.infradead.org
>     INFO: Getting page http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/VERSION-get_iplayer
>     INFO: No update is necessary (latest version = 2.94)
>
> And indeed http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/VERSION-get_iplayer says
> `2.94'.
>
> Is it time VERSION-get_iplayer got bumped?  What are the downsides to
> manually moving up to 2.99?  Shouldn't the guidance message about --pid
> still working be made condition on a version since otherwise it's
> causing confusion.
>
> --
> Cheers, Ralph.
> https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy