VERSION-get_iplayer Says 2.94.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 16:59:20 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm using 2.94 and finding --pid does not work now the BBC data has gone
AWOL again.  Examining recent archives of this list suggest 2.99 is
required.  But I'd already used `get_iplayer -u'.

    INFO: Current version is 2.94
    INFO: Checking for latest version from www.infradead.org
    INFO: Getting page http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/VERSION-get_iplayer
    INFO: No update is necessary (latest version = 2.94)

And indeed http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/VERSION-get_iplayer says
`2.94'.

Is it time VERSION-get_iplayer got bumped?  What are the downsides to
manually moving up to 2.99?  Shouldn't the guidance message about --pid
still working be made condition on a version since otherwise it's
causing confusion.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy