Possible To Get BBC R3 In FLAC using GiP?

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Aug 3 12:08:23 PDT 2017

>From: Vangelis forthnet Sent: Thursday, August 3, 2017 16:19

> As outlined in my previous post, you'd have to definitely go for the
> nightly VLC-3.0.0-git branch, and from there select a fairly recent build
> (mid-July and newer).

Thanks Vangelis, your detailed explanations are much appreciated.  Even if I
don’t go ahead and do it, they add to my education.

Sorry if I am being obtuse.  I have unzipped
vlc-3.0.0-20170731-0458-git-win64.zip

I checked I could play nomal video and audio files.  Open Network Stream
didn't work, and I couldn't find the log to see why.  Open Location from
Clipboard has worked, and it is playing at the moment.  What I can't work
out is how to record or save it.  There is a record button but I can't see
where that is recording to.  I searched in Google for vlc record and it told
me to View Advanced Controls , Open Capture Device, and set Capture Device
to Desktop.  All that seems to do is to stop it playing.

Any thoughts?

Best wishes
Richard