Possible To Get BBC R3 In FLAC using GiP?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Aug 3 08:19:46 PDT 2017

On Thu Aug 3 12:38:53 BST 2017, C E Macfarlane wrote:

> already has a recent version of VLC installed,
> I wonder if that might be able to download
> the FLAC stream?

 Latest released version of VLC is 2.2.6;
unfortunately, the 2.2.x branch is uncapable
of playing back/recording the live MPEG-DASH
R3 flac stream (plus, it's plagued by a still unresolved
bug that causes extensive CPU usage on Windows OSes
during playback/recording of AppleHLS streams...).
 As outlined in my previous post, you'd have to
definitely go for the nightly VLC-3.0.0-git branch,
and from there select a fairly recent build (mid-July and
newer).

> wtf are you wasting holiday time on the likes of me?!
> Enjoy it while you can!

... I can assure you you have not been treated in any
special way just because it was "the likes of" you!
As for holiday time, already had a week's escape
in July to a friend's house in a village by the sea, no
more holiday time is scheduled for me...
 We've been hit (northern Greece) several times already
by severe heatwaves (the likes of which we had more
than 10 years to sustain), all this heat (coupled with
high humidity) has a toll on you; 30 C at night breaks
your sleeping patterns, one can't always rely upon A/C,
it's too bad for one's health, the environment and wallet!

 I very rarely discuss politics in this list, but thanks to
an 8 year long recession (which is unlikely to end soon)
and the wills of our international creditors, "holiday"
has become a taboo word for native middle-class Greeks;
the majority are on permanent "holiday", due to lengthy unemployment,
inside their homes, unable to cope with their bills
and debts; losing their houses to banks and the state
is what they fight against, am afraid no money is available
for summer holidays to the islands and to other "hot"
locations chosen by tourists :-(

Best wishes,
Vangelis.