v2.97 with sensible TV download sizes?

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Sun Oct 2 08:01:54 PDT 2016

I'm currently using v2.94 as it is the only version that I have
available to me that gets sensible download sizes, by this I mean that
'Ambulance' is 651.8mb. I would use 2.97 if I could only train it to get
sensible file sized download sizes, but how please?

This is my 'config' file -

outputtv /mnt/backc/progs
outputradio /mnt/backb/Music/beeb
type radio,tv
tvmode=hvfstd
radiomode=good
versionlist default

When I've tried 2.97 it only seems to download 1gb+ sized files, which
is much too big for my needs. I don't need, or want, a full-screen
display as its only ever watched on this computer, but how can I do it
please?

I've looked at 'https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modes'
and also
'https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref#tv-modes' but
I'm still unable to get a sensible download size with 2.97.

Can anyone help with a 'tvmode' for my config file that works to fulfil
my requirements please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk