TV Cache missing some days

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Nov 15 16:10:11 PST 2016

On Tue Nov 15 21:23:12 GMT 2016, Derek Kaye wrote:

>> but I gather your command parses your local tv.cache file
>> (actually the "available" column) for string "2016-11-13".
>
> It's not even that sophisticated, it simply searches for that string
> anywhere in the file, but yes, that is the field I was intending to
> search.

... So I guess I should've written:

Your command searches your local tv.cache file for string "2016-11-13"
(to be found inside the "available" column) ...

> Vangelis, many thanks for your help on this, and on other issues
> where you have provided valuable insight and explanations.

It's comforting to read that my services within this list
are being appreciated (unlike some other GiP-related
place where I am mostly met by grief...).

But everyone should keep in their minds that, still, my
knowledge of get_iplayer is incomplete :-( ;
not only because I am running it (since Dec 2010) on
one specific platform only, but also because
I am not the person authoring the code, nor am I
able to interpret most of it - it is only because I
have a good grasp on the insides of BBC iPlayer
itself that I am able to understand the ways in
which GiP functions...

I am also currently overwhelmed by trepidation
as to how the new BBC iPlayer changes (due in 2017)
will affect GiP (tho' I'm confident the coder will
accommodate) and my personal access to its content...

And one other thing: For this list not to die,
more members should actively participate
into offering help, not just a select few...

Finally, I have advanced queries myself,
often involving the core GiP perl code itself.
With the only maintainer distancing himself
from the list two years ago, is there anyone in
this list (that can interpret, modify, write new
perl code) I can appeal to when it's my turn
to seek assistance?

Thanks for your time,
Vangelis.