Help with Options with 2.96 Please

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 15:26:41 PDT 2016

I have installed 2.96 and read up the notes.  I have a couple of dumb
questions on the options with the changed GiP having been quite happy to
date with the following prefs:-

	rtmpdump = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
         thumbsize = 1
         output = /home/alastair/GiP_Recordings
         tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal

I have now deleted all of these as I gather from the notes that is what
I should do but...

What happens to the thumbsize = 1.  Can I assume I do not need this any
longer?

Regarding tvmode all I want is what will work and not double my download
file size from the hd resolution I have enjoyed (when available) to
date.  What option should use?

Finally I record a good deal of music from the third programme which
came at higher resolution without any action on my part.  I probably can
no longer hear the difference but I would like to keep this quality for
opera etc.  OTOH for voice/spoken word I am happy with a lower
resolution and do not want to increase download and file sizes for
sounds other than third programme.  Almost without exception these
recordings are done using pvr in a cron job and from the notes I cannot
see now how to do this.  Seems all radio will come at higher resolution.
  Please could somebody advise/help.

Budge.