pvr-disable deletes rather than disables

Andy Wedge andy_wedge at lineone.net
Mon Aug 22 03:10:31 PDT 2016

Morning all,

After downloading the last Olympics program last night I decided I'd try
and disable the pvr file I had created (just because I'd never used the
disable function before).  My original pvr file contained:

fields name
subtitles 0
thumb 0
type tv
search0 ^Olympic

and from the command line I issued:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pvr-disable olympic
get_iplayer v2.95, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Saving PVR search 'olympic':
        disable 1

I checked my olympic pvr file expecting to see the 'disable 1' entry
added to the file but all I had was a single record in the file with the
'disable 1' statement.  Next I tried the -pvr-enable option:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --pvr-enable olympic
get_iplayer v2.95, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Saving PVR search 'olympic':

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>

All I ended with after that was a 0 (zero) byte file.

The -helplong states that the pvr entry is not deleted when using
-pvr-disable but that's effectively what happened as I ended up with an
empty file.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Andy