Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Aug 17 04:47:47 PDT 2016

Is this from
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release295
a repeat of the same information, or is it a new gloss on it?

"There is one very important limitation: Downloads from Video Factory
streams cannot be re-muxed to MP4 by avconv or ffmpeg <2.5. Only ffmpeg 2.5+
appears to work. This is of particular note to users still on old LTS
versions of Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04) and Mint (13, 17), and Mageia 5. If you
are unable or unwilling to upgrade your system, you will need to acquire a
modern version of ffmpeg if you wish create MP4 files from Video Factory
streams (you can still download with --raw). There may be several
alternatives available, but one possible solution is to use a static build
of ffmpeg from:

http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/"

As for the missing segments error, b0377vl5 still has lots of missing
segments, 63, 64, 69, 73, 80 ... in HLShd1, but that's quite old.  b07pmyd6
in HLShd1 from last night has errors at 124, 129, 152, 184 ...