Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Aug 16 04:46:51 PDT 2016

>From: David Cantrell Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 23:37

>I'd like to rate-limit get_iplayer so that other things on the same machine
>that are also talking to the internet don't run like stunned slugs in
>treacle.

>Second, I'm not using Linux.

You don't say which non-Linux operating system you are using.  Your
description doesn't correspond with any version of Windows, 32 bit or 64
bit, I have used except maybe Windows 3.1.  Here downloading HLSHD with
get_iplayer at speeds up to 80Mbit/s on an elderly 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo with
4GByte of RAM in 64 bit Windows 10 Home and a 10/100 LAN card gave a CPU
usage of between 20% and 52% and memory usage barely above background.  How
much RAM have you got?