Olympics Might be hvf Only

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Aug 8 07:52:47 PDT 2016

From: Jim web
Sent: Monday, August 8, 2016 15:19

> I haven't checked the example, but that looks correct to me.

> The BBC sometimes make a pid visible via a URL attached to a pic or
>'subheading' of text, or have it as part of the name-string for a webpage.
>Keep an eye on what you browser may display as the url you can get when
>hovering the mouse over a link. And on the address of the current page.
>Some links may not be obvious.

Thanks Majid and Jim.  Putting that in
--url "http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36654223"
with --tvmode hvf does indeed seem to work.  I went down to hvfsd and then
to hvfvhigh which brings the bit rate down to about 2Mbit/s.

I did try to find it by putting in get_iplayer --type livetv, but that only
lists the 15 permanent channels.

The eventing cross-county is on the BBC RB1 satellite channel, so I can
record from that, but according to Lyngsat.com there are 8 additional
Olympics satellite channels, but I haven't managed to find them.