OT: GetFlashVideos

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 10:05:00 PDT 2015

Apologies to all for the false alarm, and OT one at that, but I've just
realised that the version of the film available isn't the one I wanted
anyway.

The film I wanted was the classic Jane Austen story 'Emma' starring Kate
Beckinsale, and as the BBC screened the Gwyneth Paltrow version quite
recently, which I watched at the time, and, as this was ITV, I presumed
without checking that this would be the KB version, but it's not, it's GP
again.  Further, because my downloads speeds are desperately slow - little
better, if at all, than dialup - I hardly ever click on a play button on a
webpage, because waiting for the result is like waiting for Godot, and,
thinking I knew which version it would be, didn't initially here!  Silly
mistake!

Apologies, to all, and many thanks to those who tried publicly and privately
to help.

David, yes, I think you're right.

Hopefully, by the time there really is something I want to watch in ITV,
I'll be through this minor crisis, which has already taken a week out of my
life :-(  I suppose it's like old cars, there'll be a time when I just have
to buy a new PC, but I can't afford it just now, as my house is being
reroofed.

Apologies again.

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html