OT: GetFlashVideos

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 08:13:27 PDT 2015

See below ...

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html

>     On 16 October 2015 at 13:51, C E Macfarlane
>     <c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk> wrote:
>     > After a hard disk crash, I no longer have a working linux
>     PC, and wish to
>     > watch a film on ITV.  If anyone can give a generic
>     commandline for rtmpdump
>     > to accomplish this, I'd be most grateful.  You can PM me if
>     you want to keep
>     > your reply off-list.
>
>     How will that be useful if your PC is not working?

Because I have been able to get GiP, and therefore rtmpdump, working on
several machines, but GFV on only the one, and that's the one that's
crashed.

On the others, when I try to install the Perl dependencies for GFV, cpan
errors, and I've never quite got to the bottom of it.

Initially, I tried to resurrect the crashed Linux build from a backup of the
failed HD, but although all the files seemed to be correctly in place, and I
reinstalled the bootloader, the restoration hung on booting, and I just
couldn't see why.  Now, I've given up and reinstalled, but I can't get cpan
to work on the new installation either.

And after all this struggle, the film is due expire within about 24 hours.
However, if I can just find the correct command-line to give rtmpdump on one
of the other units, I should be able to get it to stream the film for me.