Can I run AtomicParsley on GiP downloaded .m4a files?

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 15:50:55 PST 2015

Hi Alastair - you can use the CLI to tag .m4a filres
> with the "--tag-only" switch.
>
> With GiP 2.94, you must:
> 1. Place the .m4a file in the default GiP downloads folder,
> i.e. where it was initially downloaded by GiP.
> 2. Make sure the audio file has the original filename
> (<fileprefix>) given to it by GiP.
> 3.Make sure the downloaded file appears in your "history" file
> (it should by default, unless you do some sort of manual edit
> to it, or use --trim-hstory switch)
> 4. Use "--history" switch in conjuction with "--tag-only" to tag
> without refetching file:
>
> get_iplayer --history pid:xxxxxxxx --tag-only --tag-podcast-radio
>
> "pid:xxxxxxxx" means: search history file for pid=xxxxxxxx,
> this string should be present in the default file prefix of downloaded
> file.
>
> If the downloaded file has been renamed/relocated, you can again
> tag via a modified command containing --tag-only:
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=xxxxxxxx --force --modes=best
> --file-prefix="new_file_name" --outputradio="path-to-new-location"
> --tag-only --tag-podcast-radio
>
> The caveat in this method is that pid=xxxxxxxx should still be
> available on iPlayerRadio.
> [snip]
Hi Vangelis,
Totally brilliant I have been able to tag all the files not yet moved to
NAS so very many thanks.  It will take me a while to find and tag the
rest but meanwhile a couple of supplementary questions please.

I have a podcast which is saved as mp3 file.  What is the command for
tagging this please?

Similarly I have some video mp4 files which were not tagged.  Again what
is command line for tagging these please?

Many thanks once more.
Budge.