Can I run AtomicParsley on GiP downloaded .m4a files?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Nov 30 16:46:33 PST 2015

On Mon Nov 30 23:50:55 GMT 2015, Budge wrote:

> Totally brilliant I have been able to tag
> all the files not yet moved to NAS
> (snip)
> I have some video mp4 files which were not tagged.
> Again what is (the) command line for tagging these please?

The same logic should apply for TV files, as long as:
1. Reside in (or get transferred to) the original downloads folder
2. Possess the original filename, which should contain the pid
(8 character) string.
3. Appear in your history file

then "tag from history" via:

get_iplayer --history pid:xxxxxxxx --tag-only --tag-podcast-tv

> I have a podcast which is saved as mp3 file.
> What is the command for tagging this please?

MP3 podcasts are a totally different case.
1. For starters, those come from the beeb
already fully tagged, with metadata and
thumbnail and all...
I personally use the "--no-tag" switch when I download
podcasts via GiP 2.94, so that GiP wouldn't alter the
already extant id3 metadata...
This is the new behaviour that will be implemented
when GiP 2.95 is released, as per commit:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/commit/1c4dae790b6de9e1cc6db2fc2b0184f1c4ee06a9

2. Furthermore, even if you opt for the default
behaviour in GiP 2.94 and let it tag MP3 podcasts,
this task is being accomplished by the MP3::Tag Perl
module, not AtomicParsley, which is solely an MP4 tagger.
So this doesn't seem to be related to
your latest predicament...

You can inspect an MP3 file's metadata by using
some media file utility, e.g. MediaInfo:
https://mediaarea.net/el/MediaInfo/Download/openSUSE

PS: I'll be expecting my Tunnock's Tea Cakes
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-02/enhanced/webdr06/4/5/enhanced-31480-1391510079-9.jpg
sent to my home address over physical mail... :-)

Cheers,
Vangelis.