get_iplayer Web PVR Manager - enabling access on a "trusted" network

zaphod jon29473 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 08:28:13 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Lynch" <klynchk at gmail.com>
To: "get_iplayer" <get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 12:59 AM
Subject: get_iplayer Web PVR Manager - enabling access on a "trusted"
network

>I have a "trusted" network - I'd like to expose the Web PVR manager so
> that I can access it from other machines on the network - rather than
> just jumping onto my computer and using the localhost:1935
>
> Please can someone provide  instructions

I'm using Windows XP, can't remember where stuff is on later versions

edit "get_iplayer.cgi.cmd", which on XP is in C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\

change --listen=127.0.0.1 to --listen=0.0.0.0
it will then listen for incoming connections on all adapters not just
localhost

heres my working....
---- looking at properties of shortcut 'Web PVR Manager' on start menu
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c pvr_manager.cmd

----- looking at pvr_manager.cmd
@echo off
start "PVR Manager Service" /min /b cmd /k .\get_iplayer.cgi.cmd
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 -w 1000 > NUL
.\pvr_manager.url

---- looking at get_iplayer.cgi.cmd
@echo off
perl.exe get_iplayer.cgi --port 1935 --listen=127.0.0.1 --getiplayer
.\get_iplayer.cmd

zaphod