get_iplayer Web PVR Manager - enabling access on a "trusted" network

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Mar 23 17:47:50 PDT 2015

Kevin Lynch <klynchk at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a "trusted" network - I'd like to expose the Web PVR manager so
>that I can access it from other machines on the network - rather than
>just jumping onto my computer and using the localhost:1935
>
>Please can someone provide  instructions

Well, I don't use the PVR at all, but I'd guess that from some other machine
you'd point its browser at

  http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:1935

where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the local LAN IP address of the machine running the
G_iP server code.  Things that might be a problem (I'm just guessing):

- firewall settings on one or both computers

- I don't know whether the server side of the PVR way of using G_iP runs all
the time, or only when a particular user is logged on to that machine.

I think you'd need to try it and tell us what happens.  Also, I think you'll
need (if asking for more advice) to say which OSes are in use, and what
firewall apps you're using on each machine.

Do you know your way around the firewalls - how to set rules, and how to
find & understand whatever logs they create?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.