Refresher Requested on MPEG4 Container and AtomicParsley

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Jul 29 07:29:25 PDT 2015

Oops, neglected to post this to group ... See below ...

www.macfh.co.uk/CEMH.html

>     From reading through this thread and it's explanation of the legacy
>     mp3 creation process. I think it's clear the best approach is to put
>     these files through something like winff and regenerate the mp3.

No, don't recompress them into the same or another lossy format, this will
further and unnecessarily worsen the sound.  As Jim has explained, use a
lossless format such as flac.  (There's also ape, but it seems to be less
popular.)