Paywall for iPlayer?

Graham Temple (gmail) graham.j.temple at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:31:39 PDT 2015

Yes but what about people who never ever watch TV at all.  There are some,
believe it or not - my parents for instance.  They have computers and
internet, but why should they pay a charge for something they will never
use, just because they have some equipment (whose primary purpose is not for
accessing TV!) which theoretically could access on demand content.  How will
you differentiate between those who don't and those who say they don't?  It
is like saying you own a car and live in London so will probably use the
Dartford crossing and enter the congestion zone, so we are going to add £50
a year to your road fund licence and do away with the congestion charges and
tolls.