Paywall for iPlayer?

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Tue Jul 7 01:06:27 PDT 2015

On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 20:29:44 +0000, batguano999 wrote:

>> "You have broadband and a computer / 'smart' <sic> TV. Egro, you are
>> equipped to access iplayer, thus require a license."
>
> Hmmm
> That's a computer license then.
> :-)

Too restrictive a description, unless you want to keep the lawyers fat
arguing about the semantics of the word "computer".

The Dutch have a "Media Licence".

TBH I very happy that the licence will now apply to "on demand" content.
Without that the BBC's income was set on a, possibly quite rapid, down ward
direction as more and more people either cotton on or genuinely, never,
ever, watch TV as it is being broadcast.

--
Cheers
Dave.