Linux Mint woes

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Jul 3 15:51:18 PDT 2015

On Wed Jul 1 14:17:14 BST 2015, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

> Running a dual boot Win 7 x64/Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca 64 bit system
> (snip)
> It's Wimbledon, the season of humungous file sizes
> so I turn to Linux to do the honours
> without burping on the large files...

Hello, Alan :-)

Did you not receive my May 25th e-mail?

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2015-May/007651.html

It's not necessary (anymore, anyway...) to install Linux,
as now exist win32 rtmpdump binaries that can handle
fine > 4GB FLV files...
Furthermore, GiP 2.94 was patched to download HD
files (720p) via the hls modes, where rtmpdump does
not come into play at all - the saving to disk is done by ffmpeg;
instead of "--modes=flashhd" use "--modes=hlshd"

Cheers,
Vangelis.