[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Lorenzo Martinelli lorenzo at martinelli.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 16:27:57 PDT 2014

:-(((((
I'm very disappointed!

Can somebody write up a idiot* guide to download a program using PID or
URL on Windows?
Including how to find out the PID.

For instance, if I wanted to download Autumnwatch what do I do?

The first episode is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04n8zdp/autumnwatch-2014-episode-1#group=p02914k4

Thanks

Lorenzo

* Me, for instance

On 29/10/2014 13:20, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so
> search and PVR functions no longer work. There is no programme
> information to cache, and it was the cache that supported search and
> PVR functions. There is no fix available at this time. You can still
> download individual programmes via PID or URL.
>
> http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds

                Lorenzo Martinelli, MITIA
        Italian Translations -- Words you can rely on
  http://www.italianwords.it -- http://www.martinelli.co.uk