[ANN] get_iplayer search and PVR functions no longer work - no fix available

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 29 23:01:08 PDT 2014

On Wed Oct 29 19:13:12 GMT 2014, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> There are other sources of programme data, so I think it's possible to
> restore get_iplayer search capability to some degree.

Are the following XML feeds any good for building up
a 7 day radio cache for (at least) National Radio?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio1.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio2.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio3.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio4.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio4extra.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/fivelive.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/6music.xml

> Thanks to Vangelis for noting that podcast
> search/download is unaffected.

One thing that's weird but interesting is the fact
they haven't (yet?) removed the FUTURE feeds;
indeed, when I run:

get_iplayer -f --refresh-future

and

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --refresh-future --force

the respective TV & Radio caches are populated
with corresponding future content.
I can search that future content, e.g.

get_iplayer --type=radio --future "Pete Tong"

Matches:
13239:  Pete Tong - Marco Carola After-Hours Mix, BBC Radio 1,
13240:  Pete Tong - 07/11/2014, BBC Radio 1,

INFO: 2 Matching Programmes

but, of course, cannot download it...
And this future-only cache is deleted when the radio.cache
is refreshed automatically or manually...

EDIT: I just browsed User Name's post here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-October/006284.html

It looks as though he made good use of the "Future" feeds!
(I read his post just prior to finishing mine...). Will apply
his patch later in the day- must "fly" now...

Vangelis.