Slow radio downloads - a bit off topic

Marshall Cleave marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 13:36:39 PST 2014

>On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 20:20:31 -0000, Peter S Kirk wrote:
>
>> Do you have a strong signal from any of the mobile networks? Plenty
>> of 3G/4G unlimited packages available, ...
>
>Is that using an english definition of the word "unlimited" or a
>marketing speak definition? That is "unlimited" within the limits
>applied via an Acceptable Use Policy. I could use a back up for the
>ADSL, use in the order of 60 to 200 GB /month depending on how many
>kids are home. If you stand near a window on the right side of house
>up stairs you can get a 3G signal, so a truely unlimited 3G account
>could be useful.

My only connection at home is a 3g connection which I use for
everything including get_iplayer.
I have a cheap firefox phone tethered to a tp-link router (running
openwrt).
Three do the all-in-one 15 tariff on pay as you go. £15 gets unlimited
internet for 30 days, I've tried to hit a cap but haven't found one
yet :)
Just an FYI

Cheers
--Marshall