Hello World...

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 12:49:08 PST 2014

I believe that a few years ago, the legality of the use of get_iplayer was
discussed at great length and a carefully considered opinion then was that
the use of get_iplayer did not breach the BBC's T&Cs. Please look back
through past posts as it was a serious, well considered discussion. Of
course the T&Cs may have changed since.

I am just a simple user of get_iplayer (Windows/PVR) and I ask the question
- does it actually use the BBC's iPlayer? I thought that it just used the
BBC's various data streams and sources. If this is the case, then the BBC
iPLayer T&Cs are not really relevant.

I hope this forum doesn't descend into a platform for people just to have a
rant against the BBC. Get_iplayer is a truly excellent resource and I hope
this forum can remain a place for people to discuss the technical issues.

Let's hope get_iplayer rules OK and thank dinkypumpkin and some others for
their efforts. Also let's not forget Phil Lewis who started the whole thing
off many years ago.

Regards
Simon Morgan