Hello World...

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Wed Nov 5 13:25:13 PST 2014

On 5 Nov 2014 at 20:06, Nic Siddle Nic Siddle <nicsiddle at gmail.com> wrote:

> you need a TV
> license to watch programmes as they are being shown on TV but not if
> they are time shifted (e.g. in i-Player or with a tape recorder). That
> license also allows you to record said programmes by any means. You do
> not need a license for a TV or any other device if you never watch stuff
> a/s it is being shown/ on TV.

I would phrase that differently as your statement implies use of a VCR/PVR
to record terrestrial/satellite/cable TV to time shift does not require a
licence - it does.

You do not need a license for a TV or any other device if you never CONSUME
(eg watch or record) stuff /as it is being shown/ on TV.