Raspbian problem today BADSIG during apt-get update

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon May 19 09:33:24 PDT 2014

On 19 May 2014 13:49, Ian Andrews <ian.andrews1969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For reasons unconnected to get-iplayer, today I was running sudo apt-get update on the Pi, and I received the error
>
> W: GPG error: http://packages.hedgerows.org.uk wheezy/ Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 8B07C4FF0F5BFDFE Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk>
>
> Previously (a few days ago) sudo apt-get update worked as expected and did not return errors.
>
> I tried removing and re-adding the hedgerows key, but still get the error. I notice that some of the files on the hedgerows packages have today’s date on, so perhaps something is broken at that end?
>
> Basically, what should I do?

My apologies - I'm at fault.  I think you caught the repository at a
point today where I broke the signature on it.  It appears to be
working now, please try again and let me know if it's still broken.

In general, all you can do when someone like me breaks a repository is
to stop updating it.

Assuming you followed the instructions at
https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/raspbian to install,
then

$ cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
$ sudo mv packages.hedgerows.org.uk.list packages.hedgerows.org.uk.list.save

should stop updating the repository; and

$ cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
$ sudo mv packages.hedgerows.org.uk.list.save packages.hedgerows.org.uk.list

should put things back.

Regards,
Jon

A couple of ads (yeah, I'm biased, and I do get referral bonuses)...
- 15GB free cloud storage:  https://copy.com?r=TNZbAJ - use this link
to get an extra 5GB for both of us
- Award winning Broadband from £2.99 a month:
http://www.plus.net/myreferrals/new.html?intReferrerID=00611940