windows version of iplayer - output format

Howard Orgel Howard.Orgel at orgels.demon.co.uk
Tue May 6 07:52:45 PDT 2014

On Tue, 6 May 2014 15:27:51 +0100, Rod Crittenden wrote:

> Thanks for all your responses
>
> First....   I want to get MP3 because that is the format that can be used by
> my hifi and tv to get stuff from PC around the house.
>
> Chris...  your info about " aactomp32 in an options file sounds perfect,
> except I do not seem to have an options file where you say there may be one.
> Can you expand on that a bit more...  what is the name of the file and could
> it be elsewhere ( under programs (x86) for instance ).

Ah!  Windows 7 (64-bit)?  No problem, you don't need to know where the
options file is, because Get Iplayer does!  Run Get Iplayer and at its
command prompt enter the line below:

get_iplayer --prefs-add --mp3

which will add the line "aactomp3 1" to your options file, creating
the file if it doesn't exist.  Thereafter, even without restarting Get
Iplayer, your radio downloads will be transcodes to .mp3 after
downloading.
--
Regards, Howard.

Howard.Orgel at orgels.demon.co.uk