Help! get_iplayer has stopped working

David WIDGERY widgery.david at orange.fr
Tue May 6 14:39:07 PDT 2014

Hi
I have a problem with my windows version of get_iplayer, it has stopped recording with the following message.

get_iplayer v2.86, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
331: Eggheads: Series 10 - Episode 101, BBC Two, Entertainment,Games & Quizzes,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashlow1,flashlow2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: Eggheads: Series 10 - Episode 101

INFO: File name prefix = Eggheads_Series_10_-_Episode_101_b00nx08q_default
WARNING: Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification
WARNING: You may see this warning if rtmpdump has malfunctioned
WARNING: Use --verbose to print the output from rtmpdump
WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
WARNING: You may see this warning if rtmpdump has malfunctioned
WARNING: Use --verbose to print the output from rtmpdump
INFO: skipping flashvhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashvhigh2 mode to record tv: Eggheads: Series 10 - Episode 101

.......... Error mesage a bit long so I have cut the middle out, but it tries all modes and finishes as below............

INFO: File name prefix = Eggheads_Series_10_-_Episode_101_b00nx08q_default
WARNING: Your version of rtmpdump/flvstreamer does not support SWF Verification
WARNING: You may see this warning if rtmpdump has malfunctioned
WARNING: Use --verbose to print the output from rtmpdump
WARNING: rtmpdump/flvstreamer 1.8 or later is required - please upgrade
WARNING: You may see this warning if rtmpdump has malfunctioned
WARNING: Use --verbose to print the output from rtmpdump
INFO: skipping flashlow2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Eggheads: Series 10 - Episode 101 (b00nx08q)'

This seems to happen with anything I try to record, I have tried reinstalling get_iplayer, I have also tried uninstalling get_iplayer, deleting the install directory and reinstalling it again with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? I can post a --verbose message if it will help anyone I just thought it was a bit big to put in post.

Dave