windows version of iplayer - output format

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue May 6 07:56:42 PDT 2014

Ben Shepherd <bjashepherd at gmail.com> wrote:

>On my Windows 7 system, the file is in
>C:\Users\<username>\.get_iplayer. Just create a plain text file (with
>no extension) called "options" and put the option in there. I think
>there's a way of saving options via the command line, but I can't
>remember off-hand what it is.

There's a perfectly good help command that shows all these things; try:

  get_iplayer --help

for some info, or eg

  get_iplayer --long-help

for more.  See in particular the config options.

You can add a preference by eg

  get_iplayer --prefs-add --rtmpdump="rtmpdump.exe"

(which tells GiP what program to use when calling rtmpdump.exe - or more to
the point the path to that program if it's not obvious.)  Once one has
defined at least one stored preference they can be displayed by

  get_iplayer --prefs-show

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.