GiP only downloads part of wma1 program

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Dec 28 03:41:20 PST 2014

On Thu Dec 25 19:43:07 GMT 2014, Lee Elia wrote:

> Happy holiday to all who celebrate

The same to you, Lee; as you might've expected,
mailing lists become a bit "stagnant" around the holidays.

> I apologize if this is a FAQ or previously answered.

Apologie accepted; by the sound of it, your issue does ring a bell.
For future reference, try browsing first the list archives

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/

or

http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/maillist.html

or even the Support Forum:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/all-forums/

And when seeking advice/help, do not fail to provide details about
1. version of GiP in use
2. offending PID (or other data) of the programme
that causes your issue
3. Physical location
4. OS and its architecture (...you did provide that!)

> A program I enjoy recently switched from aac to wma

I suspect it's a show from Radio 2 or 6music or one of the Nations Radios...
Disappearance of the flashaac modes is caused by recent BBC changes...

> When trying to download it as wma1, it only saves 16mb,

Read this:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-December/006969.html

 I am a windows only user, so cannot offer detailed help for Fedora 20;
Bottomline is you should update your GiP to the latest version, 2.91.
If the packaged version of GiP for Fedora 20 hasn't yet been updated
to 2.91 (most probable), follow this guide, courtesy of dinkypumpkin:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/fedora

Regards,
Vangelis.