Help

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Dec 14 16:21:34 PST 2014

On Sun Dec 14 23:46:16 GMT 2014, K Richard Whitbread wrote:

> INFO: Recording file
> D:\getip/Weekend_Wogan_-_Michael_Ball_and_Sam_Bailey_b04tcj2z_default_par
> t01.wma
>
> After which nothing happens.

 The soon to be axed --radiomode=wma is dumped by MPlayer in almost
realtime;
i.e. your episode of Weekend Wogan will finish recording in about 2 hours
time;
to add insult to injury, MPlayer isn't very reliable on dumping MMS streams
and you'll most probably end up with a truncated stream recording.

> I reckon the problem may well be the user
> so if anyone can point me in the right direction please do so.

 To record the RTMP flashmodes (--radiomode=flashaacstd),
please read this mailing list thread:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-December/006959.html

or this Support Forum thread:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/topic/some-radio-programmes-wont-record/

and follow TO THE LETTER the update instructions therein
(namely:
https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/githeadwin

and its mirror:

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/installation/githeadwin/)