Problem running get_iplayer web under Windows 8.1

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 19:57:14 EST 2013

On 05/11/2013 00:14, Shevek wrote:
> Chrome is set as my default browser - I only use IE for Quidco and
> haven't changed any IE settings from defaults
>
> Launching from the Start Menu (I have Start8 installed) starts the Web
> PVR Manager script and http://localhost:1935/ opens in Chrome

Try it with IE temporarily set as your default browser.  That was the
OP's complaint.  With IE 10, only the Metro version was afflicted with
loopback (127.0.0.1) blocking with EPM turned on, but it seems that it
has migrated to the desktop version.  I just need confirmation that the
new shortcut opens the Web PVR properly in IE 11.  AFAICT, this business
does not affect Chrome.

> I can't seem to find a Metro version of IE... Only the desktop version...

No IE tile on the start screen?  Like I said, I don't have Win 8.1 so
I'm just going by the pictures I've seen on the net.  On that subject:
Does the Web PVR Manager tile on the start screen still work?  It should
flip you to the desktop and open the Web PVR.