Problem running get_iplayer web under Windows 8.1

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 02:54:52 EST 2013

On 5 November 2013 00:57, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try it with IE temporarily set as your default browser.  That was the OP's
> complaint.  With IE 10, only the Metro version was afflicted with loopback
> (127.0.0.1) blocking with EPM turned on, but it seems that it has migrated
> to the desktop version.  I just need confirmation that the new shortcut
> opens the Web PVR properly in IE 11.  AFAICT, this business does not affect
> Chrome.

IE as default -> Shortcut launches desktop IE and
http://localhost:1935/ loads without warnings or errors

> No IE tile on the start screen?  Like I said, I don't have Win 8.1 so I'm
> just going by the pictures I've seen on the net.  On that subject: Does the
> Web PVR Manager tile on the start screen still work?  It should flip you to
> the desktop and open the Web PVR.

Ah, ok, there's some odd behaviour here:

Chrome set to default browser - tile launches IE Desktop
IE set to default browser - tile launches IE Metro

I can confirm that http://localhost:1935/ works fine in both versions of IE 11

I can confirm that the shortcut works as expected from both shortcuts
that I have - on the Start Screen and the Start8 menu (both launch
Desktop IE when IE is default, both launch Chrome when Chrome is
default)