Recent issue with AtomicParsley?

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sun Nov 3 08:41:34 EST 2013

On 03/11/13 13:03, Budgie wrote:
> Hi dinkypumpkin,
>
> On 03/11/13 00:08, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>> On 02/11/2013 23:31, Budgie wrote:
>>> *** glibc detected *** AtomicParsley: free(): invalid next size
>>
>> This has come up before:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/msg02106.html
>>
>> It should be fixed in latest AP.  You don't say what distro you use, but
>> it's a good bet you have an outdated version of AtomicParsley.  You
>> should build from source to avoid these occasional glitches.  See:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/wez/atomicparsley
>>
>> Instructions are on Overview page.  Download the "tip" archive (can just
>> use "Download" link on Overview page).  It will report version 0.9.5
>> when you run "AtomicParsley -v", but for some reason the maintainer has
>> refused for over a year to actually tag the 0.9.5 release.
>
> Very many thanks for this.  Done exactly as explained.
> A couple of further questions which displays my ignorance once more.
>
> The new installation has been put in /usr/local/bin but the version I
> had before is in /usr/bin.  Should I do some house keeping to clean out
> previous version?
>
> How does get_iplayer know which one to use?
> Thanks again,
> Budgie

OK.  Having read longhelp I instructed the path to the new atomicparsley
using --atomicparsley /usr/local/bin and this time there was no stack
dump but an error message concerning the thumbnail:-

[CODE]
SERIES
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03fb923.html --artwork
/home/alastair/Book_at_Bedtime_-_The_Goldfinch_7._I_Wont_Forget_You_b03fb923_default.jpg
failed at /usr/bin/get_iplayer line 2709.
[CODE]

The thumbnail was saved separately in a .jpg file.  My mistake?

Going back to housekeeping I checked my prefs and note I still am using
version 2.82 with the swfVfy instruction which corrected for a change at
the bbc end.

I have now just upgraded to version 2.84.  Should I clear the swfVfy
line from prefs?

Regards,
Budgie