Recent issue with AtomicParsley?

Budgie ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sun Nov 3 08:03:04 EST 2013

Hi dinkypumpkin,

On 03/11/13 00:08, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 02/11/2013 23:31, Budgie wrote:
>> *** glibc detected *** AtomicParsley: free(): invalid next size
>
> This has come up before:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/msg02106.html
>
> It should be fixed in latest AP.  You don't say what distro you use, but
> it's a good bet you have an outdated version of AtomicParsley.  You
> should build from source to avoid these occasional glitches.  See:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/wez/atomicparsley
>
> Instructions are on Overview page.  Download the "tip" archive (can just
> use "Download" link on Overview page).  It will report version 0.9.5
> when you run "AtomicParsley -v", but for some reason the maintainer has
> refused for over a year to actually tag the 0.9.5 release.

Very many thanks for this.  Done exactly as explained.
A couple of further questions which displays my ignorance once more.

The new installation has been put in /usr/local/bin but the version I
had before is in /usr/bin.  Should I do some house keeping to clean out
previous version?

How does get_iplayer know which one to use?
Thanks again,
Budgie