Recent issue with AtomicParsley?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:45:03 EST 2013

On 03/11/2013 13:41, Budgie wrote:
> OK.  Having read longhelp I instructed the path to the new atomicparsley
> using --atomicparsley /usr/local/bin and this time there was no stack
> dump but an error message concerning the thumbnail:-
>
> [CODE]
> SERIES
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03fb923.html --artwork
> /home/alastair/Book_at_Bedtime_-_The_Goldfinch_7._I_Wont_Forget_You_b03fb923_default.jpg
> failed at /usr/bin/get_iplayer line 2709.
> [CODE]

You need to provide full path to AP, not just directory:

--atomicparsley /usr/local/bin/AtomicParsley

You don't need this if /usr/local/bin is in path before /usr/bin (or
you've removed the old version of AP)

> The thumbnail was saved separately in a .jpg file.  My mistake?

Thumbnail must be saved in separate file for AP to add it to MP4 files.
  Unless you use --thumb option, thumbnail is normally deleted after
successful tagging.

> Going back to housekeeping I checked my prefs and note I still am using
> version 2.82 with the swfVfy instruction which corrected for a change at
> the bbc end.
>
> I have now just upgraded to version 2.84.  Should I clear the swfVfy
> line from prefs?

Yes.  See "Reverting Your Changes" in:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/swfurl