Cache Refresh

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 15:06:20 EDT 2013

On 30/03/2013 18:46, JB Caruth wrote:
> That was very helpful - thanks.
>
> To fix my radio cache refresh issue I had added "--type tv,radio
> --refresh" to the PVR cron job. Clearly that was a bad idea and was
> over-writing the PVR search types. It's working as expected now that
> I've removed those extra options.
>
> So I guess I'm back to figuring out why the radio cache doesn't seem
> to refresh automatically when I run the PVR.

Reply to the list, not to me.

As to the radio cache, it should refresh if necessary.  Either delete
$HOME/.get_iplayer/radio.cache or roll back its time stamp:

touch -t 201301010000.00 $HOME/.get_iplayer/radio.cache

and then run:

get_iplayer --pvr --test

You should see the radio cache being repopulated.

However, since you're using before = 4 in your pvr search definition,
you're ignoring any cache updates added within the previous 4 hours,
including any updates made at the time you run your pvr search.