Uninstallation (duplicate options files)

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 12:52:00 EDT 2013

> *From:* Kapitano <kapitano72 at gmail.com>
> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> *Date:* Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:49:35 +0200
>
> On my W7 installation, there are *two* duplicate options files. One
> at Program Pata/.get_iplayer, and one at users/all
> users/.get_iplayer.
>
> I tried running GiP without one, then without the other. Both times
> I just got an error message and GiP couldn't search or download.
>
> Is this a quirk of W7? Or just of my installation of it? Or is
> there some good reason GiP does this?
>
> When I ran it on XP, the options file was always in Documents and
> Settings/All Users/.

Under XP there's one at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer
*and* one at C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\get_iplayer with
different entries in it.
The one in my <Username> path has the options I've added myself, and the
'All Users' one has the paths to the associated programs plus a couple of
other options in it.

Regards
       John