How to install get_iplayer on WinXP with perl already installed?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:07:13 EDT 2013

On 23/06/2013 10:25, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> How to install get_iplayer on WinXP with perl already installed?
>
> I know that there's a get_iplayer installer, but I already have the perl ide
> 'PADRE' installed, and that has an integrated copy of Strawberry Perl inside
> it.  I also already have some (maybe all) of the helper .exe's like lame,
> ffmpeg, rtmpdump and so on installed.  I don't want duplicates of all of
> these.
>
> I'm hoping there's a way to get just the get_iplayer perl script, and any
> extra bits it needs, and then to update (how?) that code or some .ini file
> or something to tell it where my existing copies of the other .exe's are on
> my system.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help...

See the installation instructions for one way to do it:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

Since you appear to know how to use Perl on Windows, you may figure out
a procedure that works better for you, but the instructions will give
you a place to start.  Still, a little voice in my head is telling me I
should be staging an intervention instead of giving you this information :}