How to install get_iplayer on WinXP with perl already installed?

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sun Jun 23 05:25:04 EDT 2013

How to install get_iplayer on WinXP with perl already installed?

I know that there's a get_iplayer installer, but I already have the perl ide
'PADRE' installed, and that has an integrated copy of Strawberry Perl inside
it.  I also already have some (maybe all) of the helper .exe's like lame,
ffmpeg, rtmpdump and so on installed.  I don't want duplicates of all of
these.

I'm hoping there's a way to get just the get_iplayer perl script, and any
extra bits it needs, and then to update (how?) that code or some .ini file
or something to tell it where my existing copies of the other .exe's are on
my system.

Is this possible?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

--