get_iplayer Digest, Vol 39, Issue 65

Terence fentango at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:17:04 EDT 2013

Example: C: & cd "\Program Files\get_iplayer\" &
"%Windir%\system32\cmd.exe" /c get_iplayer --type=tv "987" --get
--vmode=best --output="\downloads\media\" --subdir set FPLACE=--subdir I
know that would just set FPLACE to --subdir which is no good. I want
FPLACE to be set to what --subdir represents.
---------------------------------------
  for /f "tokens=1 delims=" %a in ('"dir /b /a:d /o:d"') do @set
FPLACE="% a"
---------------------------------------
I think you would need to run that DIR command on the output directory,
not the working directory, which in the example is the get_iplayer
installation directory. If you just want to move the subdirectory after
the download is complete, use --command with a command formulated with
the <dir> substitution parameter, which contains the value you need. No
need for an extra step.
Hello & thank you for the help.
I'm going to leave this as is for now. The batch file is somewhat
spagetti style & fiddling about with it will be a pain. Being able to
set --subdir to a variable would have been easier to implement.

Terry