Command line to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Jul 20 12:31:44 EDT 2013

On Sat Jul 20 08:09:31 BST 2013, chris chery wrote:

>Thanks Kevin
> but I still cannot record the video, at:
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447

First, some needed pointers:

1. Please reply to the list, not to individual list members (Kevin Lynch in
this case);
in some extreme cases where you need to share something (e.g. off topic
content)
in private, I'd understand that - but this is not advised or condoned on a
mailing list
and this is not the way mailing lists are supposed to work; all members
should see
your message(s) so that someone of them with the knowledge/spare time/good
mood etc.
responds to your query...

2. When you DO reply to the list, please respect the netiquette:
a. DO NOT TOP POST! For the nth time during those 2.5 years that I have been
following (intermittently) this list, only roughly 2 days ago there was
again a revived
discussion on this topic, see the thread at:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-July/004744.html

b. When you DO BOTTOM POST, only quote before your reply the absolutely
needed /relevant excerpts of the e-mail you are replying to / commenting
upon -
not the whole previous conversation (which is what you did on your very last
post
on the list).

3. Now, English is not my first language, Greek is - FYI, I also speak and
write (with many
errors...) in French and I do understand quite well Italian (but can't
write).
When I do write in English though, I try to observe proper syntax, grammar
and correct
spelling - helas, this is a battle lost from the start, since oftentimes a
lot of errors creep in
(ones I realise sadly after I have hit "Send").
You can call me "Old School", but don't you have a "CAPS LOCK" button on
your machine?
Just as writing in all capital letters is frowned upon, I also find that
writing everything in small
characters is equally annoying (at least for me); maybe my old(-ish) age is
showing up,
but last time I checked this mailing list was not a twitter feed, nor an SMS
service...

>On Friday, July 19, 2013 13:33, Kevin Lynch wrote:
>
>>I thought a saw a better reply to your query form Vangelis Forthnet
>>about 17:57 on Wed

 If, for some reason on your side, you did not receive my reply,
there's always the mail list archive, in two formats:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-July/date.html#start

http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/maillist.html

My specific reply to your predicament is found at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/msg04558.html

or

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-July/004707.html

where I have provided working example of command line + download log.

> but I still cannot record the video

Chris, with all due respect, the members of this list are not clairvoyants
(err, not that I know off...); you'd have to provide more info than this
"generic" -- cannot --.

OS used, version of get_iplayer installed, physical location, command line
tried
and (more importantly) console output with the errors printed during your
failed attempt(s) are the info needed if someone's to try sorting this
out...

Kind regards,
Vangelis.