Command line to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Jul 17 12:57:44 EDT 2013

On Tue Jul 23 22:09:25 EDT 2013, chris chery wrote:

>I 'd like to download the video at:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447
>
>I tried:
> get_iplayer  --type=tv  --get
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447
>
> but all I get is:
> WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s)/ default
>
> Can you help please?
>Thank you.

 You should try the --url switch, the command I've used is:

get_iplayer --url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447" --modes=flashvhigh
 -w --file-prefix="India floods - Uttarakhand missing 'presumed
dead'" --force

You'd better also use a --file-prefix like me, else you'll get a very long
filename with the URL in it...

I have attached the download log.

DISCLAIMER: This video clip is available worldwide - I have not circumvented
any geo-block imposed by the BBC.

grosses bises a France!
V.