Netiquette - bottom posting - outdated?

Xtra terryandsheena at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jul 19 01:19:18 EDT 2013

Having read (and agreed) with many of the items in the
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/get_iplayer  can I suggest
however, that the requirement for "bottom posting" is out-dated?

This "requirement" dates from 2003 and I believe that the world has has
since changed and moved on.  Few people these days have the the time or
inclination to scroll through often repeated screeds of historical
background to finally get to the latest contribution concerning a topic that
they may already be involved in and up to speed on.

Top-posting a reply seems more efficient while providing the history (below
it) if a newcomer is interested.

I don't know how others feel, but time for me, and in most other forums,
runs downwards.

Just a thought, DP..............?

Oldtimer43