Command line to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-23310447

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Jul 17 13:49:12 EDT 2013

On Wed Jul 17 18:12:52 BST 2013, Kevin Lynch wrote:

>Hi Chris
>
>I did not see if you got an answer

 http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2013-July/004707.html

(I posted some 15min prior to you... :-) )

>there are two different caches for media (radio/tv) so it
>helps if you spedify the cache to look in

On line BBC (World) News short clips do not populate the tv cache,
so they cannot be downloaded via the "index"/"pid" method - see your log:

INFO: pid not found in tv cache

Moreover, GiP has no way to know beforehand the available modes,
since those clips do not use the normal iPlayer feeds. You have to specify
the videomode in the command (and hope it is available). Also, for video
content --type=tv is redundant, since by default GiP always checks for a
given PID inside the tv cache - you do have to specify --type for non-TV
content.

>I used a tool called rtmpexlorer
>http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RTMPExplorer to download the video from
>the news site

I personally prefer RTMPDumpHelper:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/rtmp_dump_helper.html

it's much more stable & versatile, does not need the bulky .NET Framework
4.0
nor does it use the Internet Explorer machine.

>I'm not sure how GIP can do it.

Again, see my post.

Regards.