New Website

Xtra terryandsheena at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jul 16 21:37:05 EDT 2013

Hi SQ,

Thanks for the fulsome reply to my email. I accept the logic of everything
you say.

I unashamedly admit my original email was a more emotional response to
changes which I felt might threaten things that are very important to me and
thousands of others I'm sure.

Please don't get me wrong, the amount of time and obvious effort I can see
you have put in to the new website deserves to be applauded.
My single concern is its visibility and potential to now raise the profile
of GIP too much "above the parapet" so it runs the risk of getting it's head
shot off!   If GIP popularity goes up too far, the BEEB may decide that the
number of possibly copyright infringing "expats" like me are now worthy of
nobbling or institute even more widespread action.....

The logo? - Three squares - containing G E T vs B B C and the IPlayer
word/device is identical even to font and colour - so agreed, the GIP logo
isn't EXACTLY the same as the BBC one, but is SO close to it -

Look, I really appreciate all the work that you guys put in to make GIP what
it is - I just don't think it's worth the risk of losing it, that's all.

Oldtimer43