File Naming

J K.Eason john at jeason.cix.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 16:24:00 EDT 2013

> I'm running GiP on a netbook with Windows 7 Starter quite
> successfully, but I want to change the format of the filename so
> that it more closely resembles that used by the late Radio
> Downloader, which I had used for some years. I am very grateful to
> those who offer advice, and maintain and improve GiP.
>
> I have found that using the "whitespace" option totally screws the
> filename, losing anything after the programme name, including the
> file type suffix. Does anybody else get the same? Is it a bug?
>
> I would also like to use the first broadcast date, not including
> the time part of "firstbcast". Can that be done?

Can't answer your second question. I'll leave that one for
'dinkypumpkin', but for your first one add the "fatfilename" option to
prevent the filename being truncated at the first space.
I don't know whether there are any occasions when using fatfilename
*doesn't* truncate a filename with spaces, but it might be an idea to
automatically add the option when 'whitespace' is selected if it doesn't
cause other issues?

Regards
       John